Planning is underway for a great day out with the family enjoying the beautiful scenic view of The Australian Botanic Gardens Mount Annan for the Challenge Walk in 2023.
Mount Annan Gardens will come alive again in 2023 with both the 6km and 11km tracks back and ready for you to beat your personal best.
The Challenge Walk Course(495KB, PDF) is a combination of flat and hilly paths which consists of one lap (6km) and 2 laps (11km) around the grounds.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Gates open: 6:30am.
Race commences: 8am, and you have until 10am to complete the course before the Gardens reopen to the public.
How to enter
A link will be available here when registration open. Late entries on the day are $28 per participant will be accepted via Eftpos only.
Please ensure you have read the Campbelltown Challenge Walk Event Rules and Conditions.
Online entries will be available up until a week prior to the event.
Registering as a TEAM
You can either
- Enter yourself and create your team name then notify other members. As other team members register online, they can search the team name from the drop down menu and proceed with registration as normal;
- Enter yourself and create your team name and proceed with registering all team members before making final payment;
- Email email@example.com and we will create a team profile for you. You'll then be able to proceed with registering all your team members details before making final payment.
Want to register In-person?
In-person entries close: 7 days prior to race day.
You can choose to register and pay in-person with cash or EFTPOS at:
Eagle Vale Central - Corner Emerald Dr & Feldspar Rd, Eagle Vale
- Monday to Friday from 6am - 9pm
- Saturday from 8am - 6pm
- Sunday from 7:30am - 5:00pm
Campbelltown Civic Centre - Customer Service located on ground floor, Cnr Broughton and Queen St, Campbelltown
- Monday to Friday from 8.30am - 4.30pm
Late entry (on the day)
Late entry on the day are $28 per participant, with payment via Eftpos only. No cash or cheque payments will be accepted on the day,
- Head on over to the late registration tent at the race venue concourse area to register on the day
- Race bib can be collected at the same location.
What you can enjoy on the day
With a variety of food and drink options available to keep you refreshed during and after the race, why not bring along your picnic rug and cheer on your family and friends whilst listening to some live music.
Stay tuned for a confirmation of stalls once they are locked in.
This is a drug and alcohol free event.
What to bring?
Strollers/Pram walkers are welcome to participate.
Baggage Drop off will be available.
Please bring your own water bottle with you. There will be Sydney Water refill stations on course for you to refill, but we will not have the usual water stations with cups.
Food and drinks will be available to purchase on the day from our food and beverage vendors.
There will be no child minding available on the day. Kids are welcome to spectate with accompanying supervision.
And remember to be sun safe and bring your hat and sunscreen.
Race bib pickup
Bring your E-ticket and a valid identity card to collect your race bib from The Australian Botanic Gardens, Mt Annan from our registration tent, either:
- on the day before the race between 11am and 1pm
- or on the Race Day before 7:45am.
Bibs are no longer mailed out.
Walkers getting ready to race
Gates open from 6:30am
Once you are in the Gardens
- Follow the signs to the race bib pickup at the registration tent, where you'll need your E-ticket and a valid identify card to collect your bib number
- Look for the marshalling area near the start line where a pre-race warm up will commence just before the race. If you require any assistance go to the Event Info Tent
- If there is heavy rain on or close to the race day – we'll send out emails and text messages to participants, posts on social media and update our event page if the race is postponed or cancelled.
Medifast First Aiders
- Will be on course and if you need any assistance please do not hesitate to ask for help.
Please remain vigilant and still adhere to the COVID safe rules and if you are feeling unwell please stay home.
Masks are recommended in outdoor settings if you can't social distance.
If you are feeling unwell and unable to attend the race, please advise the event organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
Challenge Walk categories, results and awards
All entrants who complete the event will be eligible for a finisher’s certificate, which you will be able to download following the race from the result Challenge Walk Results Website.
Check out the history of the Challenge Walk from 2012-2022
Winners’ trophies are awarded to the male and female participants who are the first across the line.
Second and third placegetters also receive line honours awards.
We'll announce Line honours and category winners as soon as the results come in on the day.
- You'll be able to collect your trophies from the Registration/Event Info Tent.
- For categories not announced on the day, we'll send out your trophies in the mail.
Winners will also be announced on Council's Facebook page, Events in Campbelltown Facebook page, on this webpage and also in the local Newspaper.
Awards will be presented to the male and female participants who are the first placegetters in their respective age categories. Outright winners and placegetters are not eligible for an age category award.
6km and 11kms walk
- 5 to 9 years
- 10 to 14 years
- 15 to 19 years
- 20 to 29 years
- 30 to 39 years
- 20 to 29 years
- 40 to 49 years
- 50 to 59 years
- 60 to 69 years
- 70 years plus
Barrel draw prizes
All race entrants will automatically be entered into the barrel draw, for some cool prizes donated by our sponsors and sporting clubs.
A list will be available once prizes have been locked in.
6km and 11km walk
- Primary school: 12 years and under
- Secondary school: 13 to 18 years
- Corporate: all private and public sector organisations
- Open: non-commercial/community groups for example associations and clubs
- Fitness: gyms, fitness groups and bootcamps.
Please refer to the team competition rules for team information.
This is an all inclusive event. Course is suitable for wheelchairs.
If there is anything we can do to ensure you have the best experience possible please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can enter the event as an individual or as a team.