Join us for a challenging 6km walk, whilst enjoying the beautiful Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan on Sunday 14 March 2021. Test your fitness or just come along to walk with family and friends.
The Campbelltown City Challenge Walk will go ahead this year in a simplified format covering a 6km course in the beautiful and scenic Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan.
This year's event will look a little different to allow for the current NSW Health Orders currently in place. The health and safety of our participants, staff and the wider community is our priority and the event changes we have implemented for this year will deliver an enjoyable, safe event for our community. We will closely monitor the NSW Health Orders and will advise if any updates or changes need to occur.
Be sure to keep an eye on our website and like our Events in Campbelltown Facebook page to stay up to date.
See you on Sunday 14 March, 2021.
Entering the event
6km challenge walk
Date: Sunday 14 March 2021
- First start group - Red Wave Bib - 8am start
- Second start group - Blue Wave Bib - 8:10am start
Cut Off Time : 10am
If you do not complete the event by the 10am finishing time, you will be listed as DID NOT FINISH and will not have a time recorded.
The Challenge Walk Course (Map)(493KB, PDF) is a combination of flat and hilly paths which consists of one lap (6km) around the grounds of The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan located on Narellan Road, Mount Annan.
Follow the signage to the marshalling area for your start group.
Race bib pickup
- All participants must pick up their bib number from the race venue visitor car park, either:
- on Saturday 13 March between 11am and 1pm
- or on the Race Day before 7:45am.
- You must show your E-ticket and a valid identity card to collect your race bib.
- Bibs are no longer mailed out.
Strollers/Pram walkers are welcome to participate.
To reduce touch points at the event we will not be offering a Baggage Drop. All participants will need to carry their own personal items with them so please minimise what you bring to the event.
Please bring your own water bottle with you. There will be Sydney Water refill stations on course for you to refill, but we will not have the usual water stations with cups.
Food and drinks will be available to purchase at the Café located in the Gardens.
Child minding is available on the day for children aged 4 to 12 years. Please ensure this option is selected on your entry form.
All entrants who complete their event will be eligible for a finisher’s certificate (available online only). Race results and finisher’s certificates can be downloaded from the results page after the event.
Online registration Only for 2021 - Now open
Online entries ($15 per person) will close at 11:59pm on Wednesday 10 March.
Register to enter
Registering as a TEAM
You can either:
- Enter yourself and create your team name then notify other members. As other team members register online, they can search the team name from the drop down menu and proceed with registration as normal; or
- Enter yourself and create your team name and proceed with registering all team members before making final payment; or
- Email email@example.com and we will create a team profile for you. You'll then be able to proceed with registering all your team members details before making final payment.
- Applications will be online only.
- If you have any issues with completing online registration please contact the Events Team on 02 4645 4926
Late entry (on the day)
- There will be No Late Entry on the day of the event due to COVID-19.
Event rules and conditions
- RUNNER - BUSTING MARSHALS: NO RUNNING IS ALLOWED, YOU MUST WALK (ie. contact with the road surface must be maintained at all times). Course Marshals will report any participant who runs or cheats and the participant will be disqualified.
- A separate online entry is required for each entrant.
- There will be two start groups to reduce gathering numbers at the start line. Each start group will have a different coloured bib.You need to wait in your start group muster area indicated by the coloured flags.
- Entrants with strollers must start from the designated STROLLER START AREA (well behind the start line) to ensure a safe, injury-free start for all.
- Entry fees are not refundable - unless the event is cancelled by Campbelltown City Council.
- No late entries will be accepted on event day.
- There must be at least three people per team.
- All Line Honours placegetters will be ineligible for age category awards.
- “Dead Heat” rule — the winner of a dead heat will be the entrant with the lower race number (ie. the entrant whose entry form was processed first).
- Pets are not allowed in the Botanic Garden.
- Chest bib numbers will be utilised for this event.
- All decisions by the Race Director are final.
- Stay on the defined course as any departure may lead to disqualification.
- Contestants must follow any instruction from the Course Marshals.
- Please remember to keep to your right whilst walking to allow other walkers to overtake.
- If an entrant fails to bring a chest bib number, a replacement will be issued with an additional $24 fee.
- All entrants who complete their event will be eligible for an online finisher’s certificate.
- Prevent littering by using the waste bins provided.
- All participants, volunteers and staff must abide by the COVID-19 1.5m Physical Distancing rules.
- Sanitiser stations will be available throughout the venue for your safety.
- At least three people per team.
- A and B team categories are for students only. School staff members and parents/guardians are Category D.
- Only school students from the same school are eligible to be a member of a school team.
- Each participant can only be a member of one team.
- "Top Team” awards will recognise those teams whose top three members record the lowest aggregate time for their team category.
- In top team categories, first, second and third placed teams will receive a trophy.
- “Largest Team” awards will recognise the teams with the most entrants.
- It is the team coordinator's responsibility to check all team members registrations are in the correct team category prior to competition. No team changes are permitted on race day.
Event categories and awards
Winners’ trophies will be awarded to the male and female participants who are the first across the line. Second and third placegetters will also receive line honours awards.
Line honours and category winners will be notified by email and sent trophies and awards in the mail.
Winners will also be announced on Council's Facebook page, Events in Campbelltown Facebook page, on this webpage and also in the local Newspaper.
NOTE: Outright winners and placegetters are not eligible for an age category award.
Awards will be presented to the male and female participants who are the first placegetters in their respective age categories:
- 5 to 9 years
- 10 to 14 years
- 15 to 19 years
- 20 to 29 years
- 30 to 39 years
- 40 to 49 years
- 50 to 59 years
- 60 to 69 years
- Over 70.
People with disability are encouraged to complete in this event. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have the best experience possible please do not hesitate to contact the Events and Activation Team on 02 4645 4926 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary school (12 years and under)
- Secondary school (13 to 18 years)
- Corporate (for all private & public sector organisations)
- Open (non-commercial/community groups for example associations and clubs)
- Fitness (for example gyms, fitness groups and bootcamps).
Please refer to the team competition rules for team information.
What to do on the day
- Enter The Australian Botanic Gardens, Mt Annan, via Narellan Rd – No entry will be permitted before 6:30am.
- Once you are in the Gardens, follow the signs to race bib pickup, child minding and the start line marshalling area. Look for the marshalling area for your start group, Red or Blue, this will be indicated by coloured flags. If you require any assistance go to the Event Info Tent.
- If it is raining on the day – the Challenge Walk will still GO AHEAD.
- There is no baggage storage this year due to COVID-19, so any personal items will need to be carried with you on the walk.
Medifast First Aiders
- Will be on course and if you need any assistance please do not hesitate to ask for help
- Are located at the start and finish line and there are stations located around the course track.
- Tissues, Hand Sanitizer and Sunscreen will be available at each water station.
- If you are feeling unwell or are self-isolating please stay at home and advise the event organiser.
- If you have been a COVID-19 Hotspot within the last 14 days you cannot participate in this event. Please advise us via email@example.com.
- People who have been in close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 must not attend public gatherings until 14 days after having contact with a confirmed case even if they are completely symptom free. NSW Health will have the latest information on hotspots and testing.
- Those undergoing COVID-19 testing also must not attend public gatherings until they have received their negative result.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, we encourage you to get tested and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
- If you are feeling unwell or are self-isolating please stay at home and advise the event organiser.
Red wave bib chest number - Means you are in the 1st Start Group - Start time is 8am
Blue wave bib chest number- Means you are in the 2nd Start Group- Start time is 8:10am
Getting to and from the venue
- The venue is located in Campbelltown 2km west of Narellan Rd off-ramp from the M5/Hume Highway.
- Please allow extra time for traffic.
- Aim to arrive at the venue around 6:45am, so that you are at your Start Group muster area (either red or blue) by 7:50am.
For information and timetables, call 131 500 or visit Transportnsw.info
- A free bus service is kindly provided by Busabout and will link directly from Campbelltown Railway Station to The Australian Botanic Gardens, Mt Annan.
- The bus departs from Campbelltown Railway Stations, B Rank at 7am
- It will then depart from the Botanic Gardens at approximately 10:30am to return to the Campbelltown Railway Station.
- All vehicles will be directed to parking areas inside the Botanic Gardens. The main car park that will be used is the ‘over flow’ car park.
- No traffic will be allowed to enter or exit the Garden grounds until all competitors have completed the course from 8am to 10am.
- A ‘drop off’ zone will be provided within the entry gates near the Registration Area. This area will be clearly marked with signage.
- To ensure smooth traffic flow into the event site, parking will not be permitted on Mount Annan Drive.
After the walk
Once you have completed the walk, we encourage you to make your way home to avoid a large gathering of participants. The Gardens do have their own Café if you wish to grab a drink or a bite to eat before you go.
There will not be a presentation ceremony this year. Please keep an eye out on Council's Facebook page, Events in Campbelltown Facebook page, on this webpage and also in the local Newspaper for the final results.
*Course is suitable for wheelchairs.
You can enter the event as an individual or as a team.