You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Find out about changes to our operating hours during the festive season.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Mobile Food Vehicles


We do not allow mobile food vehicles to trade on the roadside or on public land. Mobile food vehicles may only operate on private property with the permission of the land owner. Enforcement action may be taken against vehicles found trading in public places.


Mobile food vehicles must be constructed in accordance with "Guidelines for mobile food vending vehicles " as published by the NSW Food Authority.

Inspection and registration

Prior to trading within the Campbelltown Local Government Area, the food vehicle must be inspected and registered by our Environmental Health Officers to ensure compliance with the Food Act 2003, Food Regulations 2015, and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. Once approval is granted, you may start trading. On an annual basis, you will be required to bring the food vehicle to Council for routine inspection.

Inspection times can be arranged by contacting us on 02-4645-4000

Food safety supervisor requirements

You may be required to appoint a Food Safety Supervisor, depending on the food you will be selling. Please refer to our Food Safety Supervisor section for further information regarding these requirements.

Food labelling

If you are selling pre-packaged food, you must ensure the food is labelled in accordance with the Food Standards Code Part 1.2 Labelling and other information requirements and is being supplied by a registered premises (whether licensed with Council or the Food Authority, you are entitled to ask for proof of their registration).

You can not prepare food from a residential kitchen unless it has development approval and is a registered premise.

Food preparation

All food must be prepared on-site within the Mobile Food Vehicle. You can not prepare food from a residential kitchen unless it has development approval and is a registered premise.


Back to top Back to top