Come and play, speak to trained early child educators, mix with other families with young children, participate in fun play and activities, or join in group reading and storytime experiences.
Engaging activities for children and carers. For families with children aged between 0-5 years.
Free play sessions offer
- Child development tips and information from trained early childhood educators
- A range of learning activities
- The chance to borrow a variety of books and toys as part of our Mobile Toy and Book Library.
Sessions focus on
A range of education activities to promote children's development:
- Creative experiences - painting, collage, playdough, natural materials, water, sand and sensory play
- Fine motor skills - threading, scissor cutting, pegboards, block construction
- Dramatic play - dinosaurs, jungle animals, farm barns and animals, space exploration, tree houses, doctor and vet role play
- Language and literacy - picture books, puppets, puzzles
- School readiness - counting, shapes, colours, number recognition, tracing, alphabet learning, measurement
- Group time - singing songs, puppets, story time and dancing.
Mobile playgroups run on Tuesdays from 10am to 12pm, and are held during school terms only.
This is a free event.
No need to book. Drop in session.