The Campbelltown Writers’ Retreat at Wedderburn is a dedicated space for writers of any genre to focus on themselves and their work away from the distractions of daily life. Set in bushland, the facility is 12km from the Campbelltown CBD and is complete with desks, a fully equipped kitchen and Wi-Fi.
Benefits of Writers’ Retreat membership include:
- 24/7 access
- Discounted rate for writing workshops (held every 6-8 weeks)
- Dedicated space to write
- Free Wi-Fi
- Similar privileges to workshops and events at other writers’ rooms locations across Western Sydney
- Discounted rate for showcase events with guest writers
- Access to a closed Facebook group for members of writers’ rooms across Western Sydney open mic sessions
- WestWords as a resource for accessing additional services including, for example, editorial and publication advice.
Every six to eight weeks, each writers’ room will host a day long workshop with an experienced writer.
The cost per workshop is:
|Full day (6 hours)
| Half day (3 hours)
Open to the general public, each event would showcase a guest writer with members and non-members invited to speak at an open mic session. Cost per session is $5 for members and $10 for non-members.
WestWords is Western Sydney’s dedicated literature development organisation. The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms are a network of three Writers’ Rooms in Wedderburn, Parramatta and Katoomba, and are part of the Making Spaces initiative supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.
The guiding philosophy of WestWords is a belief that the unique perspectives and stories of western Sydney deserve to be celebrated, developed in literature and shared with a wider audience. WestWords aims to have the dedicated Writers’ Rooms provide access and support for writers for this purpose.
WestWords is a not-for-profit registered charity which supports Western Sydney schools and communities through a diverse range of free and subsidised literature programs presented by professional writers and performers.
For more information, visit www.westwords.com.au or contact WestWords Executive Director, Michael Campbell on 8677 4815 or at Michael@westwords.com.au